One of my favourite communication / self-improvement books of all time is Leil Lowndes’ How to Talk to Anyone. It is my Bible on how to network better, speak with confidence, avoid awkward social situations and more!
What I love about this book is how easily the reader can relate to the scenarios she illustrates (think extremely awkward, palm sweating social situations and how badly you wished you could have avoided/fixed them!).
You’ll learn communication tips such as:
- How to converse with someone who is more shy and reserved
- How to create a magnetic presence without having to say a word
- How to give a genuine, warm hand shake
- When physical interactions like hugging is appropriate
- How to appear confident even though you feel like crawling into a corner
I own all her books, but I recommend How to Talk to Anyone to read as a start. This is the type of book that you don’t need to read from cover to cover, which is great for those of you who don’t have a lot of time. If you have a chance to pick up the book, let me know your thoughts! Did you put her tips to use?